Skip to content


What should I do if I become ill or injured?

In the event of a medical emergency, contact your resident director or host institution coordinator immediately. If you are unable to reach these individuals and your medical condition requires immediate attention, go to the nearest hospital or medical facility.

What if I don't know where to go to seek medical care?

  • From outside the U.S., you should call Generali Global Assistance (collect) +1 (240) 330‐1548.  Within the U.S., call toll-free at 1‐866‐506‐5304.
  • Email:
  • Be certain to identify yourself at the outset of the call as an iNext insured

What if I have a non-medical emergency?

Non-medical emergencies are situations that do not involve injury, illness, or urgent medical attention, but still need to be resolved promptly. In the event of a non-medical emergency, follow the emergency contact guidelines listed above. In some cases, it may be necessary to file a police report with local authorities, particularly if you are assaulted or robbed. If your passport is lost or stolen, you will need to report it to the U.S. consulate in your host country as soon as possible. If your credit/debit cards are lost or stolen, you should immediately contact the bank or financial institution that issued the cards.