Education Abroad Ambassadors Program
The Gallaudet Education Abroad Ambassador Program consists of student leader volunteers who are eager to share abroad stories and experiences, raise awareness and interest in study abroad/internship abroad opportunities, and increase on-campus participation and outreach.
By serving as a Gallaudet Education Abroad Ambassador, you will develop professional and leadership experience, network with higher education administrators, and harness the power of your passion, which will help you articulate what it means to be a global citizen and allow you to educate your peers about how education abroad can contribute to your academic, professional and personal growth.
Ambassador responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Representing Gallaudet Education Abroad at campus-wide events (orientation, information sessions), International Education Week events (November), and other presentations about Education Abroad opportunities.
- Representing Gallaudet Education Abroad during events related to specific programs throughout the semester (i.e. information sessions, orientation, and re-entry events)
- Promoting Education Abroad events via word-of-mouth, social media, and on-campus marketing
- Creating and/or curating content on social media to promote specific abroad opportunities
- Attending monthly mandatory Ambassador Program meetings, as well as events and social gatherings
Ambassador qualifications include:
- Ability to reflect upon and articulate a variety of skills gained from Education Abroad programs
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when representing Gallaudet Education Abroad
- Passion for and involvement in the Gallaudet community through clubs and academic organizations
- Reliability and accountability for overall responsibilities and timely correspondence with staff members
- The time commitment varies throughout the academic year depending on event schedule and specific program outreach
- Students should expect to spend roughly twenty hours per semester violunteering as an Ambassador