- Be currently enrolled at Gallaudet University.
- Be in good academic standing at Gallaudet University.
- Be in good financial standing at Gallaudet University.
- Have no campus judicial or legal concerns which would impact going abroad.
- Attend an advising session with the Manager of Education Abroad and International Fellowships.
- Meet with your academic advisor to determine that the courses/internship/research you will undertake abroad will be counted for credit towards your graduation. It is your responsibility to communicate your intent to go abroad with your advisor and determine how your time abroad will fit into your degree program.
- Provide the necessary number of Academic Recommendation Forms required by your program.
- If you are a United States citizen and do not currently have a passport, apply for a passport right away. An application form can be obtained online at http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html. You will need a passport that is valid for six months after your proposed return date.
- Ensure all required forms are completed and returned by the stated deadline. (Check the program flyer/poster, etc., for additional information.)
- Research eligibility to take courses/complete an internship/conduct research in your host country or the amount of time you propose. It is your responsibility to determine that there is a visa that will allow you to undertake your proposed abroad adventure before you complete your application.
- Be able to commit to a ‘summer’ or ‘semester’ study abroad at your own expense (tuition paid at GU – costs for travel, accommodations or program study abroad not included in GU tuition/fees).
- Complete and submit the Study/Global Internship Abroad Contract.
- Complete and submit Liability Waiver Form (Emergency Action Protocol).
- Application for scholarship (if required)
- Begin the process of applying for the appropriate visa three months before your estimated leave date
- Attend mandatory pre-departure orientation with the Manager of Education Abroad and International Fellowships.